Wednesday 31 July 2013

Beautiful Barisal: Through The Eyes of An Amateur

I had a recent quick trip to the south of the country. It was a very rainy week and I love rain.
I often take pictures with my phone and a very basic compact camera is my constant companion during my trips. Although I never thought about sharing the photos (despite the blog was once opened for the purpose of sharing!), I changed my mind after speaking to a friend who said he has never seen a Lotus-Pond. My memory of Lotuses are pretty scarce too and all that I have seen are the pink lotuses and white and pink water lilies. Moreover, my travel experience across Bangladesh is also pretty limited. These days, I am getting the opportunity to see my country, as still it is, in many corners, thriving for life. Yet, I miss my land of beauty, serenity, pleasure: my Chittagong Hills. Before I can reach there again, probably archiving the moments I am coming across while travelling across the country is a good idea.    
Photos in this post are taken with a Samsung SIII and a Canon Ixus 105. I tried to edit the pictures a bit more using MS Office 2010 (very basic, some people might laugh out loud....ha ha)
Flooded Barisal City Streets- July 2013, yet life moves on


A beautiful and well maintained mosque containing soil from sacred places in the Middle East, built and maintained by a rich localite: Guthia, near Chakhar Upazilla, Barisal

A boatman struggles as he pulls his boat to the shore avoiding the fishing lines on a rainy morning: the river Kocha, about 12 km away from Barisal city

A busy midnight Tea Stall: BM College Road, near Ramkrishna MIssion, Barisal

A nearly flooded Kirtonkhola: no. 30 go down, Barisal

Leisurely chatting: Guthia, near Chakhar, Barisal

An untimely white-lotus, surviving the pour: a piece of nature in the heart of urban Barisal

The Lotus pond inside City Barisal on a cloudy and rainy day

An egret looks for food in the Lotus Pond

Tormented Lotus Leaves, surviving the heavy rain for a couple of days

Durgasagar Dighi, Dharma Pasha, Barisal: a somwhat big artificial water body

No comments:

Post a Comment